Skip to main content

Latey Katy? But kinda worth it.

Katy Perry gave me an epic first time. It was my first time to wait for a performance for more than two hours STANDING really, really straight. Hell yeah challenge to my knees and ankles. There was no way for you to sit first while waiting because the Mall of Asia concert ground is full with over 25,000 exhausted fans. And to top it all off, there was not even one organizer/staff that went on stage or grabbed a microphone at the backstage to assure everyone that the concert was not a big joke. It was so frustrating. My legs were so shaky so I kept on semi-squatting for a couple of secs from time to time just so to make sure my knee joints are still functioning. This is no exaggerating, ha. When I watched Black Eyed Peas at the same concert ground under same ticket lane (?), the audience only waited for one hour and endured some songs from an all-girl group front act. Endured talaga term? Lol. But this one’s epic.



Thank God Katy Perry did emerge from the stage. She quipped about having too much technical difficulty that night so the reason for the delay is obvious. And she being Katy Perry, one can’t take to get angry. Well of course, technical difficulties are outside a singer’s power.  Bumawi sya, big time. She was so great on stage! Even her dancers and props were to die for. I somehow regretted not getting the more expensive ticket—sa props palang, bawing-bawi na ang datung mo. What made a mark that night was her acoustic version of “The One That Got Away”. We wondered if she was thinking of her husband (technically “husband” pa rin since hindi pa officially divorced), haha. ;) Above is my VERY poor photo of her. Haha.

And this one I must say: I saw her face to face! Her limo was passing by in front of Taste of Asia and the crowd was literally running towards her! I was soooo lucky to accidentally see her in about one or two meters away. Talk about destiny, chos. Kung nagmadali kami maglakad ng aking mga friends, hindi ko siya makikita.

Bottom line: There are things that are worth the wait. Katy is. But I just hope a representative from the crew showed up in those tiring 2.5 hours.  And if you’re less than five feet like me, please, invest on ultra-comfortable high heels AND get a much expensive ticket when it’s in MOA!         



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion Restaurant - Resorts World Manila

Better late than never! Ewan ko ba bakit inabot ng ilang buwan bago ako ganahang isulat to. Haha. But anyhow, let's go straight to the details: Le family ordered the package that's good for six people which was around P4,000 (I think). Ang susunod na mas maliit na package ay good for four, which is around P2,500? Please correct me if I'm all wrong kasi anong petcha na teh. Haha. Limot ko na, lalo na pag digits lol. Credits to my former boss for giving all of us under his team GCs Overall, kebs lang lasa. But when I say kebs, it signifies something not so "wow"-ish. Anyway, here are the photos from le bf's camera. Can't remember which one I shot, pero pag maganda, sa kanya yun for sure. Haha. Pag chakabels, mine. Peanuts: Libre ata ito. Or well, siguro naman sa P4,000 na presyo libre na ito. Haha. Labo. Pero ayun, kung may pinaka na-enjoy man ako, ito yun. Sweet sya. Di ko alam why, di ko tinanong basta masarap. At refillable. Haha ang babaw. 

TonTon Massage at The Fort

After much recommendation from le boyfriend, we finally got to try TonTon Authentic Thai Massage together at The Fort. It's a very short walk from my office in BGC. Despite its high end location, the price is surprisingly affordable. The 1-hr whole body massage is at P350 and you could choose to have back or foot massage only for the same duration and price. That's usually the discounted price for those not-so-popular massage havens in online coupon sites already, and yet it's just TonTon's original rate. Photos from their official FB   (The entire area was so dark that it would make no sense to take photos from my phone) Just like in another Thai massage parlor in Makati called Nuat Thai (P250 per hour), the intro of the whole session was a couple of minutes spent in soaking feet in warm water. Sabi ni boyfriend it might contain something else aside from water since iba yung dulas na pakiramdam once dried na ang feet. Anyway, after that, the massage starts.

Beijing Foot Spa - Greenhills

So I'm off to another blog post this Easter! This time, though I've vowed on a teaser yesterday to write 3 restos, let me divert to another spa haven this time in Greenhills, San Juan. I'm talking about Beijing Foot Spa, which is right in front of Mercury Drug in GH and a stone's throw away from G Strip and the GH mall parking lot. Photo from Greenhills.com This was a random spa pick since le boypren and I went to Tiendesitas for some window-puppy-shopping (btw, most of them look sickly and sad). Thanks to the free shuttle from Tien to GH, we got our feet on another adventure. We didn't intend to have a foot massage pero the walk we had in Tien and some strolling in GH for Sigma lenses were both exhausting! We were so tired, siguro dahil na rin sa init ng panahon, so I said na if we could find a TonTon Thai Massage branch somewhere in GH, we would go. Pero we had no more energy left to explore the place even further. We ended up in this posh-looking spa which w