Skip to main content

Facial Express by Skin Station

It's been ages since I had my facial. I used to have it regularly in Forever Flawless since college, but my wild schedule at work no longer permits such luxurious time. Thank goodness le boyfriend gave me a high-end face mirror as gift last Christmas (talagang kailangang i-identify na high-end? Haha, OA kasi sa mahal e!). Ginamit ko yung "zoom technology" nung mirror na iyon kaninang umaga and lo and behold my black and whiteheads standing proud on my face. Nagsusumigaw at nagmamakaawa ang fez ko for a facial.



I remembered the Skin Station clinic at most the topmost floor of Robinson Manila (Midtown) and opted to look at its price list. The prices are reasonable. Actually P50 cheaper to Flawless. FF's regular facial is P350 while Skin Station's is P300. I immediately phoned the clinic to reserve the 7:30pm slot this Friday. The very polite telephone operator confirmed my appointment and asked for my mobile number. Then she texted me at 7pm telling me that I can choose to have my treatment as early as 7pm. It's good that they are doing the PR thingy right (or dahil first-time client nila ako?).


So I went it. I'm surprised that each client regardless of the treatment are given solo cubicles. Hindi yun tipong kurtina lang ang divider ha? Separate cubicle talaga--unlike Flawless na nagkakakitaan kayo. I think that's also the setup with Let's Face It. I've never tried facial there. They have a reputation online of being harsh kaya sila mura (P250 regular facial).


The entire facial session was the usual ritual I have with Flawless. Linis muna, facial massage, steam. But the difference is mas matagal yata nga steam with SS. And mas masarap yung temperature sa fez. Not harsh. Then the "ate" started minor pricking while the steam is on. Pero napakamild lang nung heat so no worries. Eventually, she turned off the steam nung nose area na ang ipiprick.The pricking was so gentle! Almost painless. Seriously. Of course there were a couple of ouch moments, pero nonetheless (naks) in general hindi talaga masakit. I'm also impressed that "ate" really took note of the entire fez ultimo kasingit-singitan--unlike sa FF na nose area and cheeks lang kadalasan ang ginagalaw sa akin.

Ang wala sa SS na meron sa FF ay yung hand steam and massage. But, in all honesty, keber ba sa kamay service kung facial ang pinunta mo, right? Don't get me wrong. Bilib din ako sa Flawless. Sa kanila, 9 out 10 never dumugo ang fez ko. Dito sa SS, ang dami ng red spots afterwards.

Bottom line: But still, I think I'm coming back to Skin Station. Given the proximity to my mom's nest in Malate and the medyo-sosyal na ambiance for a cheaper price--and the gentle pricking to top it all off--I guess Skin Station will be my regular facial spot. I'll book a slot for their month-long P700 promo for facial, collagen mask and diamond peel three weeks from now. Without the promo, total of those 3 services is P1,600.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion Restaurant - Resorts World Manila

Better late than never! Ewan ko ba bakit inabot ng ilang buwan bago ako ganahang isulat to. Haha. But anyhow, let's go straight to the details: Le family ordered the package that's good for six people which was around P4,000 (I think). Ang susunod na mas maliit na package ay good for four, which is around P2,500? Please correct me if I'm all wrong kasi anong petcha na teh. Haha. Limot ko na, lalo na pag digits lol. Credits to my former boss for giving all of us under his team GCs Overall, kebs lang lasa. But when I say kebs, it signifies something not so "wow"-ish. Anyway, here are the photos from le bf's camera. Can't remember which one I shot, pero pag maganda, sa kanya yun for sure. Haha. Pag chakabels, mine. Peanuts: Libre ata ito. Or well, siguro naman sa P4,000 na presyo libre na ito. Haha. Labo. Pero ayun, kung may pinaka na-enjoy man ako, ito yun. Sweet sya. Di ko alam why, di ko tinanong basta masarap. At refillable. Haha ang babaw. 

TonTon Massage at The Fort

After much recommendation from le boyfriend, we finally got to try TonTon Authentic Thai Massage together at The Fort. It's a very short walk from my office in BGC. Despite its high end location, the price is surprisingly affordable. The 1-hr whole body massage is at P350 and you could choose to have back or foot massage only for the same duration and price. That's usually the discounted price for those not-so-popular massage havens in online coupon sites already, and yet it's just TonTon's original rate. Photos from their official FB   (The entire area was so dark that it would make no sense to take photos from my phone) Just like in another Thai massage parlor in Makati called Nuat Thai (P250 per hour), the intro of the whole session was a couple of minutes spent in soaking feet in warm water. Sabi ni boyfriend it might contain something else aside from water since iba yung dulas na pakiramdam once dried na ang feet. Anyway, after that, the massage starts.

Beijing Foot Spa - Greenhills

So I'm off to another blog post this Easter! This time, though I've vowed on a teaser yesterday to write 3 restos, let me divert to another spa haven this time in Greenhills, San Juan. I'm talking about Beijing Foot Spa, which is right in front of Mercury Drug in GH and a stone's throw away from G Strip and the GH mall parking lot. Photo from Greenhills.com This was a random spa pick since le boypren and I went to Tiendesitas for some window-puppy-shopping (btw, most of them look sickly and sad). Thanks to the free shuttle from Tien to GH, we got our feet on another adventure. We didn't intend to have a foot massage pero the walk we had in Tien and some strolling in GH for Sigma lenses were both exhausting! We were so tired, siguro dahil na rin sa init ng panahon, so I said na if we could find a TonTon Thai Massage branch somewhere in GH, we would go. Pero we had no more energy left to explore the place even further. We ended up in this posh-looking spa which w