Skip to main content

Zen Institute Diamond Peel and Full Body Massage

This experience is nearing its anniversary so I have to dig deeper in le memory. I got the services due to again, a GC from le former boss RJ as my welcome pack in the magazine where I was features editor. The GC was good for P5,000 worth of services in Zen Institute which is tumbling-away from my previous office in The Fort. It's a bit hard to notice since it's right in the middle of a gasoline station (Shell) which is very unassuming. Akalain mong may tulad ng Zen Institute somewhere there. This Shell I'm talking about is across St. Lukes Med Center in Taguig.

In places like these (spa, facial clinics, etc), I am reluctant to take photos. I don't think I'm the only who thinks that going to these places is considered a private thingy for many. So, no official photos from yours truly.

This was my first time to have a Diamond Peel evur. Akala ko kung anong meron sa treatment na itey. Bakit may ginugulong lang na pen-like electric chever sa mukha ko which was making (machine) noise? Sabi ni ate attendant, there's a diamond daw in the dulo of the pen-like chever. Haha. Nakakairita na ba ako? Oh well, ayun. After 30 minutes or so, may tumigil ang pag gulong ng pen-like chever na ito at may ipinakita si ate na bulak; sabi nya yun daw yung dumi na nakuha sa fez ko. In fairness! Halos waley! Ineexpect ko sing dumi  ng tambucho pero wala! And it worsened my dismay to the whole process even more. I thought to myself: Kung kakarampot lang ang nalilinis ng magic pen na yan, bakit ang mahal and bakit sikat?

Noticing my dismay, (naks!) ate said na it takes a lot of sessions before you totally appreciate diamond peel kasi it is intended to tighten your pores daw. So having 1 session only obviously won't help, but it's a start. Anyhow, I still detested its price (naks ulit, f na f?).

And off to the massage. The body massage I had prior to this was in Club Balai Isabel. Siguro after two weeks or so dun ako nakapag-Zen Institute so medyo fresh pa sa sistema ko yung sarap ng body massage sa Balai Isabel. Therefore, I had a recent experience to compare Zen's service with. I can say that the massage was "kebs". Siguro kasi na-impress ako masyado sa treat ng Balai Isabel at that time (it's a resort in Batangas where Kristine Hermosa and Oyo Boy Sotto wedded).

For one, the cubicle in Zen was so maliit. Mas malaki pa cubicles yata ng Lay Bare Waxing Salon. Ang sikip, and the design was not as grand unlike other high end centers. Actually, it was as plain as it could be. Anyway, people go for massage and not for sight-seeing diba? But I hope I make my point clear when it comes to decors and interiors on spas, especially when it's trying to build a zen image: you have to look like it for customers to think that they're feeling it. Illusion with design. Makes experience more intimate and worth the penny.

Another thing, may isang manong na maingay dun. I guess nagpapamassage din sya a cubicle or two away from mine. He was on the phone with someone, and I think sa lakas ng boses nya, pati kami kausap nya. I know this is beyond the center's control, pero he just added insult to injury. Chos. Nakakairita e. Up to this day naaalala ko yun and gusto ko pa rin syang batuhin. Haha. I just hope na attendants and spa/beauty center managers will be able to devise a polite but effective way of saying shut up to other customers. In all of the spas na I've been to, I've always been considerate of the other customers around by whispering if and when needed to talk. I don't know why people who have been adults for a longer period than me still fail to execute such manners.

Bottomline: Won't go there unless for free again. ;) ORR, might try their other services if given the chance and if needed desperately. I think they have similar services with Belo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion Restaurant - Resorts World Manila

Better late than never! Ewan ko ba bakit inabot ng ilang buwan bago ako ganahang isulat to. Haha. But anyhow, let's go straight to the details: Le family ordered the package that's good for six people which was around P4,000 (I think). Ang susunod na mas maliit na package ay good for four, which is around P2,500? Please correct me if I'm all wrong kasi anong petcha na teh. Haha. Limot ko na, lalo na pag digits lol. Credits to my former boss for giving all of us under his team GCs Overall, kebs lang lasa. But when I say kebs, it signifies something not so "wow"-ish. Anyway, here are the photos from le bf's camera. Can't remember which one I shot, pero pag maganda, sa kanya yun for sure. Haha. Pag chakabels, mine. Peanuts: Libre ata ito. Or well, siguro naman sa P4,000 na presyo libre na ito. Haha. Labo. Pero ayun, kung may pinaka na-enjoy man ako, ito yun. Sweet sya. Di ko alam why, di ko tinanong basta masarap. At refillable. Haha ang babaw. 

TonTon Massage at The Fort

After much recommendation from le boyfriend, we finally got to try TonTon Authentic Thai Massage together at The Fort. It's a very short walk from my office in BGC. Despite its high end location, the price is surprisingly affordable. The 1-hr whole body massage is at P350 and you could choose to have back or foot massage only for the same duration and price. That's usually the discounted price for those not-so-popular massage havens in online coupon sites already, and yet it's just TonTon's original rate. Photos from their official FB   (The entire area was so dark that it would make no sense to take photos from my phone) Just like in another Thai massage parlor in Makati called Nuat Thai (P250 per hour), the intro of the whole session was a couple of minutes spent in soaking feet in warm water. Sabi ni boyfriend it might contain something else aside from water since iba yung dulas na pakiramdam once dried na ang feet. Anyway, after that, the massage starts.

Beijing Foot Spa - Greenhills

So I'm off to another blog post this Easter! This time, though I've vowed on a teaser yesterday to write 3 restos, let me divert to another spa haven this time in Greenhills, San Juan. I'm talking about Beijing Foot Spa, which is right in front of Mercury Drug in GH and a stone's throw away from G Strip and the GH mall parking lot. Photo from Greenhills.com This was a random spa pick since le boypren and I went to Tiendesitas for some window-puppy-shopping (btw, most of them look sickly and sad). Thanks to the free shuttle from Tien to GH, we got our feet on another adventure. We didn't intend to have a foot massage pero the walk we had in Tien and some strolling in GH for Sigma lenses were both exhausting! We were so tired, siguro dahil na rin sa init ng panahon, so I said na if we could find a TonTon Thai Massage branch somewhere in GH, we would go. Pero we had no more energy left to explore the place even further. We ended up in this posh-looking spa which w